Saturday, November 20, 2010

OK I’m Hooked on My iPad E-Readers, So What?

My iPad arrived on Monday, and I have spent the last week taking it through the paces, and testing applications. It has settled the question of whether I am going to buy a Nook, Kindle, or Sony E-reader. I don’t need either one of these. What I have discovered is that I can download the Nook E-reader, Kindle E-Reader, and others and not have to worry whether the one I bought is going to be out of business in several months. Because I am an avid reader, I will confess that I have spent quite a bit time this week browsing in the online bookstores, but losing myself in the aisles of the local Barnes and Noble is still one of my favorite pastimes. It’s just that now I can do it 24 hours a day while lying in my bed.  While I have said many times, there’s just something about holding a book in my hands and the smell of the pages that’s hard to give up, I am finding it way too easy to obtain books, and I love the fact that I don’t need a reading lamp any more. I’ll have more to say about specific e-readers in coming posts.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment